These Straight Thru-Panel Adapter fittings are 1/4-18 NPSM (National Pipe Straight Male) on one end to fit with the included 1/4-18 NPSF Hex Nut, and 3/8" OD Hose-Barb on the other end to fit with 3/8" ID hose or tubing. The 1/4-18 NPSM will fit through about a 1/2" bore hole, to sit up with the flange, and be secured with the Hex Nut on the other side. Both the fitting and the hex nut are made from Black Nylon.
These are multi-purpose fittings and may possibly be used for Automotive, Boat (Marine), Hydroponic, Irrigation, Pneumatic, Agriculture, and Aquarium applications.
Add a Custom Washer: available in Red Silicone or Nitrile (Buna-N). Custom-designed to fit over 1/4-18 NPSM of our Thru-Panel Fittings. See material properties below.
|Part#: || KITP4-6BN|
|Material: || Black Nylon|
|Size 1: || 1/4-18|
|Size 2: || 3/8" OD|
|Type 1: || NPSM|
|Type 2: || Single Hose-Barb|
|Hex Nut: || 1/4-18 NPSF x 11/16" Hex, Black Nylon|
|Optional Washer: || .750" OD x .512" ID, .063" Thick, Silicone or Nitrile (Buna-N)|
|Style: || Panel Mount Straight Adapter|
Black Nylon (BN)
- Temperature Range: -50 °F to 275 °F (135 °C)
- Pressure: 150 psi @ 70 °F
- Made from 6/6 nylon - exhibits strength, moderate stiffness, high service temperature, high impact resistance and tensile strength.
- Resistant to fuels, lubricants and many chemicals, but vulnerable to attack by phenols, strong acids and oxidizing agents.
- Used in fuel line, vacuum systems and general purpose applications: automotive industry approvals.
Silicone (S) (RSW)
- Temperature Range: -65 °F (-53 °C) to 400 °F (204 °C)
- Food Grade
- Excellent weathering properties and handles both hot and cold temperature extremes
- Chemically resists oxidizing chemicals, ozone, concentrated sodium hydroxide, potassium carbonate.
- Fair performance when exposed to acids, some solvents, and alkalis; potassium hydroxide.
- Poor resistance to Oils, most Solvents, Fuels, Ketones, Acetone, and Hydrocarbons.
- Odorless and Tasteless.
- Commonly used in applications involving vacuum routing, agriculture, biomedical, and food processing.
Nitrile Rubber (Buna-N) (NBR) (NBRW)
- Temperature Range: -40 °F (-40 °C) to 257 °F (125 °C)
- Excellent resistance to petroleum-based oils and fuels, silicone greases, hydraulic fluids, water and alcohols.
- Commonly used in applications involving automotive fuels and lubricants, and oil resistant applications of all types.
- Low compression set, high tensile strength, and high abrasion resistance