These Straight Thru-Panel Adapter fittings are 1/4-18 NPSM (National Pipe Straight Male) on one end to fit with the included 1/4-18 NPSF Hex Nut, and 1/4" OD Hose-Barb on the other end to fit with 1/4" ID hose or tubing. The 1/4-18 NPSM will fit through about a 1/2" bore hole, to sit up with the flange, and be secured with the Hex Nut on the other side. Both the fitting and the hex nut are made from Natural Nylon.
These are multi-purpose fittings and may possibly be used for Animal Milking Systems, Animal Watering Systems, Automotive, Boat (Marine), Hydroponic, Irrigation, Pneumatic, Agriculture, and Aquarium applications.
Add a custom Red Silicone or Nitrile Washer for an air and water tight seal. Optional washer made of either high-grade red silicone or Nitrile (Buna-N). The Red Silicone Washer is considered food safe. Custom-designed to fit over 1/4-18 NPSM of our Thru-Panel Fittings. They have a shoreness of 40, and are autoclavable up to 250 °F (121 °C).
|Part#: || KITP4-4NN|
|Material: || Natural Nylon|
|Size 1: || 1/4-18|
|Size 2: || 1/4" OD|
|Type 1: || NPSM|
|Type 2: || Single Hose-Barb|
|Hex Nut: || 1/4-18 NPSF x 11/16" Hex, Natural Nylon|
|Optional Washer: || .750" OD x .512" ID, .063" Thick|
|Style: || Panel Mount Straight Adapter|
Natural Nylon (NN)
- Temperature Range: -50 °F to 210 °F (99 °C)
- Pressure: 150 psi @ 70 °F
- Exhibits strength, moderate stiffness, high impact resistance and tensile strength.
- Resistant to fuels, lubricants and many chemicals, but vulnerable to attack by phenols, strong acids and oxidizing agents.
- FDA, USDA, NSF and 3A-DAIRY compliant.
Silicone (S) (RSW)
- Temperature Range: -65 °F (-53 °C) to 400 °F (204 °C)
- Food Grade
- Excellent weathering properties and handles both hot and cold temperature extremes
- Chemically resists oxidizing chemicals, ozone, concentrated sodium hydroxide, potassium carbonate.
- Fair performance when exposed to acids, some solvents, and alkalis; potassium hydroxide.
- Poor resistance to Oils, most Solvents, Fuels, Ketones, Acetone, and Hydrocarbons.
- Odorless and Tasteless.
- Commonly used in applications involving vacuum routing, agriculture, biomedical, and food processing.